USNewsRankings

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, July 1, 2013

Thought for the day - I accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

Posted on 10:52 AM by Unknown
"The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened. It's only the middle-aged who are really conscious of their limitations - that is why one should be so patient with them."

Saki, Reginald At The Carlton in The Unrest - Cure and Other Stories.

Editor's note: One of my favorite bumper stickers reads "Don't believe everything you think." It makes me laugh because I realize that I project misconceptions on my life most of the time. My ego creates a world of illusions, most of which aren't true. What can I do but forgive myself and others for my imagined wrongs which I think I and they have done?

The lesson today I am working on in A Course Of Miracles is Lesson 114, part of which reads, "I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation." My part is to forgive myself and others for the nonsensical wrongs  I think they have done which make me fearful, then angry and resentful. Lesson 5 says "I am never upset for the reason I think." which, you might notice, is very similar to my favorite bumper sticker, "Don't believe everything you think.".

The old saying is "Ya either laugh or cry." As I get further into my study of the Course, I find I am laughing more. My ego nonsense is so stupid that I can't believe that I ever believed the nonsense that I did and do.

Laughing at the absurdity of life liberates me from my hell of resentment and grievances and as Saki writes in his quote, I need to be patient with the young, the old, the middle aged, (and myself), but more than patient, I need to forgive them. Playing my part in God's plan for salvation by forgiving myself and others is bringing me not only laughter, but joy and peace, and it seems that Brockport could use a little more of that.

If we could be forgiving of our brothers and sisters we could hasten the achievement of the Beloved Community here in Brockport. Will you join me? If we can each forgive one person today, we will have made a huge difference in creating more heaven on earth.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Reading the minutes - Brockport Village Board issues proclamation recognizing efforts of Social Work Students to publicize the problems of hunger, poverty, and homelessness in our country
    From Village of Brockport Board Meetin minutes of 04/09/13: CERTIFICATES & PROCLAMATIONS:  SUNY Social Work Club – “Tent City” → Trust...
  • Judge Murante sets hearing on Castaneda's charges for April 19th
    Ogden Town Justice David Murante called a hearing on April 19th to hear arguments in Brockport Mayor Connie Castaneda's case to determin...
  • BBQ and Music Festival this weekend at Northampton sponsored by Brockport Rotary
    June 21-23, 2013 $5 Admission, 12& Under Free Northampton Park, Ogden, NY Hubbell Road, Ski Lodge Area Off NY Rt 31 between Spencerport ...
  • Thought for the day and unsolicited advice for the new Revitalize Brockport administration - it don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that swing
    We freeze up because we expect a certain result or because we want things to  be perfect. We can get so fixated that we can't do anythin...
  • Reading the minutes - Complimentary letter to BPD
    From the Brockport Village board meeting minutes of 02/26/13 :   Donation – Chief Varrenti shared that they received a complimentary letter ...
  • Brockporter Thought For The Day - Be generous in tipping your server
    From The Week, 02/15/13   Hey, cheapskates—the waitress you shortchange today might shame you on the Internet tomorrow, said Sierra Tishgart...
  • The time has come for immigration reform in Brockport, NY
    by Monica Beck This past Friday, March 22,2013, in the below freezing temperatures, supporters of comprehensive immigration reform and the ...
  • Herbicidal use on canal path can cause problems for animals
    According to an article in the September 1, 2013 issue of the Suburban News written by Kristina Gabalski and entitled "Use Of Herbicide...
  • The Brockporter film review of the week - "42"
    by Monica Beck                                                                                                                             ...
  • Remembering John Lennon peace hero on August 31, 1974 attacked by U.S. govenment
    August 31, 1974 In federal court, John Lennon of The Beatles testified the Nixon Administration had tried to have him deported because of ...

Categories

  • ACIM (13)
  • Announcements (8)
  • Big picture and local life (2)
  • Book Discussion Group (2)
  • Book of the week (18)
  • Books for sale (1)
  • Brockport Health Care Sunday (11)
  • Brockport History (3)
  • Brockport Police Department (1)
  • Brockport tourist destination (1)
  • Brockporter Civics quiz question of the week (1)
  • Brockporter Health Care Sunday (8)
  • Brockporter Philosophy of Science Monday (2)
  • Business (1)
  • BUUF (5)
  • Castaneda (1)
  • Climate change watch (13)
  • Code Enforcement (1)
  • Criminal justice system (1)
  • Criminal justice watch (2)
  • Culture and Arts (1)
  • Dear Ms Emily (6)
  • Demographics (1)
  • Dissolution (1)
  • Donations (1)
  • DWI Watch (8)
  • Education (3)
  • Environmental concerns (8)
  • Film of the week (9)
  • Films (2)
  • Fire District (5)
  • Gardening (1)
  • Giancursio (1)
  • Governance (8)
  • gun violence as public health problem (2)
  • Health Care in Brockport (2)
  • High Water (2)
  • Homeschooling (1)
  • Hometown Hero (1)
  • Humor (1)
  • Juvenile justice (1)
  • King Street Stories (3)
  • Lakeside Memorial (1)
  • Letters to the editor (1)
  • Low Bridge (4)
  • Media watch (1)
  • Music For Brockport (5)
  • Northampton Park (2)
  • Pass It On Free Community Library (3)
  • Peace history (1)
  • Plays (1)
  • Police (1)
  • Police Dept (10)
  • Polls (2)
  • ProBrockport (3)
  • Reading Hedges (4)
  • Reading the minutes (26)
  • Reentry (3)
  • Reenty (1)
  • Religious services (1)
  • Sermons (1)
  • Social policy (1)
  • Social Uplift (1)
  • Substance abuse prevention (1)
  • Sunday sermons (17)
  • SUNY Brockport (9)
  • technology (1)
  • The Brockporter historic house of the week (15)
  • The Sun Magazine (2)
  • Thought For The Day (33)
  • Tourist destination (1)
  • Village elections (1)
  • Village finances (1)
  • Volunteer (1)
  • Watching George Maziarz (2)
  • Wealth inequality (1)
  • White men are dinosaurs. (1)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (475)
    • ►  September (72)
    • ►  August (50)
    • ▼  July (17)
      • The Sun Magazine discussion group will be meeting ...
      • Thought for the day - Treatment of the poor
      • Brockport Arts Festival volunteers needed August 9...
      • Brockport Arts Festival Schedule Saturday and Sund...
      • Volunteers needed to help with Arts Festival Augus...
      • Bob Thurman: We Can Be Buddhas
      • Thought For The Day - What sky are you living under?
      • Brockport farmers' market open on Sundays on Marke...
      • Leslie Ann Morelli serves the Village of Brockport...
      • Thought for the day - It isn't about you. Don't wo...
      • Book of the week - One Last Thing Before I Go by J...
      • Monroe County Fair in Northampton Park in August?
      • Thought For The Day - The true meaning of independ...
      • Brockport Village Trustee Andrews thanks Trustee B...
      • Mayor Elect Blackman thanks Mayor Castaneda and Tr...
      • Thought for the day - I accept my part in God's pl...
      • Trustee Blair's goodbye at Village Board meeting o...
    • ►  June (42)
    • ►  May (41)
    • ►  April (44)
    • ►  March (77)
    • ►  February (75)
    • ►  January (57)
  • ►  2012 (25)
    • ►  December (25)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile